SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Marmot Windridge Long Sleeve Men, Long Sleeve Shirt for Men, Vintage Navy
- NOS ARCTIC CAT RIGHT HEAT EXCHANGER OEM
- Raider Elite Dirt Biking Helmet
- Snow Peak Festival Novelty Rare Apron
- men Jersey Set 2019 Maglia Pantaloni Manica Corta Ciclismo Imbottitura Sedile
- World Jersey'S Ace Of Space Cycling Jersey Medium Bike
- HUBA - 13 BB Spinning Fishing Reel
- Hyperformance Momentum Riding Skins - Ultramarine bluee - Medium
- Mercury 1979 Outboard Decal Kit (Multiple Sizes Available) 3M Marine Grade
- NEW SHIMANO SOCORRO SW 6000 SW 6000 SPINNING REEL 1-3 DAYS FAST DELIVERY
- Pow Xg Ski Snowboard Handschuhe,
- Salomon Xd R 84 Ti Ski + Be MNC 13 Binding all Mountain Alpine Ski Run Ski-Set
- Showman Leather PONY Headstall Breast Collar Set w Multi color Star Beads NEW
- Tred Step leather Half Chaps . size C15 L15 38 38 new without tags
- 100% Authentic Kendo Uniform - Direct From Local Japanese Maker Keigoki 2
- 1.5oz Fish WOW Bullet Jig Head Great for Scampi Perch Grub Swim Glow Unpainted
- 20 BoogleBug Popping Bugs YOUR CHOICE OF STYLE SIZE COLOR
- ASSO ULTRA Carpa Recubierto FLUgoldCARBONO sedal 917-1640m Carretes tamaños NUEVO
- Altra Torin 3.0 Women's Running shoes- Free Priority Shipping
- Campagnolo Chorus Titan seatpost in 27.2 diameter from the 2000s
- Drum Fishing Reel 15kg Drag Power 3BB Saltwater Fishing Boat Fishing Reel V3P3
- Manubrio compatto lt 420mm black PRO bici
- New YBN SLA 209 Titanium 9 Speed Bike Chain 227g for SHIMANO CAMPAGNOLO gold
- Promax Impact 53mm Top Load Stem for 31.8mm Bars Red
- Serfas FP-200 Bicycle Floor Pump with Gauge
- Sram X9 3x10 Speed Trigger Shifter Set Flat Bar Shifters X9 3 x 10 Shift Levers
- Vintage early brass salter spring balance scales to 20lbs
- 25pk Novelty Straws 27in (bulk buys)
- Cgolds Linx Smart Cycling Helmet w Bone Conducting Audio Fully Adjustable Sizing
- Alpinestar Descender 2 Vest - 1650517
- Carnac DIVA cycling shoe 41 NEW IN BOX FREE US SHIP Made In France
- E-Bike 24V 27.2Ah Batería Bicicleta Eléctrica Voltitude Crussis Lehmkuhl Ghost
- First Aid 224U First Aid Kit for 25 People 106 Pieces OSHA Compliant Metal Case
- IVy Bag - 100 Gallon Portable Water Bladder
- Mens Tactical Pants,Size 52 ,Navy TRU-SPEC 1996
- Old Ranger Hiking Poles Telescoping