SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|MATERIAL:||2mm Carbon Steel||MPN:|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- 1 Person Double layer Waterproof Windproof Portable Ultralight Single Camp Tent
- Cavalleria Toscana Junior Diamond Bomber - Navy
- Alpina Campiglio Road Fahrradhelm titan black
- Carbon mtb rim all mountain 29er 40mm with 32mm depth hookless for Mountain Bike
- E-Bike 24V 14.5Ah Battery Electric Bicycle Bike E-Mazing Innovations Conway
- Firefly women's Ski Pants Size M bluee
- IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP KONA HAWAII FORD CYCLING JERSEY.
- Mens Tactical Pants,3XL,Inseam 32 TRU-SPEC 1271
- OHO Sports & Action Video Cameras Sunshine Waterproof Sunglasses, 1080P HD With
- Renngabel Contoura Quota Ace grey Aero 1 1 8-1 1 4 tapered Carbon 28
- Shimano RT4 SPD shoes grey size 43
- Thermoelectric Chest Cooler 52 Qt. Capacity Leak Resistant Removable Shelf
- Vintage Exercycle Frame Piece With Bolts Heavy Duty Repurpose Steampunk
- Garmin blueeChart G2 VAW005R - The Gulf & Red Sea -microSD SD
- Justin Anwyl 12wt 9' Seawolf 4 piece buy it now for only
- Men Ladies Kids Girls Boys Safety Horse Riding Equestrian Body Predection Vest
- Nordica Soul Rider 84 Flat Skis 149CM 17 18
- Quantum IC100SPT Icon Baitcast Reel Sports Outdoors
- Shakespeare Agility Rise 6ft 7ft 7ft6” 8ft 8ft6” 9ft 4 Piece Fly Rod
- Sonik Avx 4000 Lure Fishing Reel, Pike, Bass, Front Drag
- 20 HOLLOW TRIKE FENDERS KIT CHROME BEACH CRUISER LOWRIDER CHOPPER TRIKE NEW
- Treehog TH4000 40Ltr Kitbag, Suitable for Arborists & other Climbing Activities
- VTG. SHAKESPEARE WONDERCAST NO. 1797 NIB MINT,UNUSED.A REAL BEAUTY.
- 36 in. x 72 in. bluee Dr. Shrink Zipper Access Door - DS-72B
- Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 Person Hiking Tent - Ash Green
- ASICS Women's GEL-Cirrus33 Running shoes
- Carbon MTB Mountain Road Cycling Bike Bicycle Riser 31.8mm bar 750 820mm
- Einzeln CNC Kurz Titan Bremshebel Kawasaki Z 1000 A 2003
- McDavid Sports 4197 Bio-Logix Level 3+ Maximum Predection Ankle Support Brace
- NOS VINTAGE NITTO 1 x 90 x 25.5 QUILL PUTTER STEM - STUMP JUMPER MB -1
- Retro Kult set (4) NOS NEW Shimano Deore XT old school ATB MTB brake pads
- Seatpost 0-offset team stealth 31,6 x 350mm carbon aluminium 3T bike
- SRAM FH CASS SRAM PG1070 11-25 10s PG-1070
- Verrouillage moyeux ougreenure rapide black course 305540215 XON roues
- 2 Persons orange Outdoor Waterproof Camping Hiking Double Lining Tent
- CMI 2 orange Stainless Steel Aluminum Sheave Ball Bearing
- Attwood Fold-Down Incandescent Anchor Masthead Light - 12 Horizontal Base 12V
- CICLO SHOES 3RENSHO ROAD SHOES, SZ 39.5 EU (NEW)
- DT Swiss 350 Rear Hub 28 Hole 12 x 148 mm Thru Axle Boost Spacing 6-Bolt Disc
- E-RUSH Hybrid One & Two Point Tactical Operator Sling for Benelli M3 Super 90
- Hope Tech 3 Tech3 X2 MTB Mountain Bike Disc Brakes FULL Brakeset-183F 160R redor
- MAMMUT SWISS ALPINE Men's Runbold Pant NEW (size 34W x 35L)
- Northwave REVENGE MTB shoes, flat soles - RETRO MODEL
- Quik Shade Weekender Elite 10 x 10 ft. Slant Leg Canopy, Twilight bluee
- Smith Axle MTB Helmet MIPS
- UltrAspire Lumen 170 running outdoor light
- Vango Spectrum 250 Camping Lantern
- Giro Casco de Snowboard Esquí Giro S Combyn purple colors Lisos
- Kb10 SHIMANO EXSENCE BB C3000M
- Metolius Ultralight Tcu Cam, Red NA
- Okuma Avenger B Series Reel AV-80b-CL
- Red White bluee Wide Leather Belt Parade Rodeo Equestrian Youth Small Vintage
- Shimano 15 Stradic 2500HGS Saltwater Spinning Reel 034113
- Spyder Olympia Snow Pant - Youth Girls - 16, Turkish Sea
- USED HAIR ON HIDE WESTERN EQUITATION SHOW HORSE SADDLE PAD BLANKET FELT